This chapter explains:
– what is meant by sectoral approaches
– how to integrate conflict sensitivity into the development and implementation of sectoral approaches
Who should read it?
Everyone involved in the process of developing and implementing sectoral approaches, including:
– central and local governments
– donors (bilateral and multilateral)
– civil society groups, INGOs and other implementing agencies.
Why should they read it?
Because assistance to a country or sector (e.g. education, agriculture, infrastructure) will have an impact (either positive or negative) on conflict risks and dynamics particularly in countries which are affected by, or at risk of, violent conflict. It is therefore imperative that this assistance be implemented in a conflict-sensitive way.